Mass communication is one of those sectors, in which you can have numerous opportunities in very less time, provided you have required skills and endless passion for going out and perform. From production houses to digital media, print media, freelancing, broadcast media and many more options are available that you can explore. Following are some of the major opportunities after mass communication that you can look forward to step-in after completing your studies from a reputed institute-
• Anchor: If you have a good personality, confidence and amazing screen presence, then anchoring can be a perfect profile for you. Scope of digital media is continually expanding in India, so there is a huge requirement for good anchors in media institutes, agencies and news channels.
• Reporter: If you have an eye for detail attitude and love exploring each and every aspect of issues that are important for the society and country, then it can be an ideal opportunity for you.
• Journalist: It is one of the most demanding profiles in today’s time. There is a huge requirement of journalists in mass-com sector right from newspapers, magazines and websites to various news channels. If you love going out in the field, collecting quality data, preparing news and taking the entire responsibility on your shoulders, then it’s the best job you can have. You can enroll your-self for diploma in mass communication & journalism in any good media institute and learn all the requisite skills of journalism.
• Content Writer: Don’t think that content writers are different from writers or journalists. They are equally important for every company and media house for preparing quality content that can engage the audience. You need to have a passion for writing and good language skills to be a content writer.
• Copy Editor: If you have excellent writing skills and eye-for-detail attitude, then you can take a step further and work as an editor in any print media or digital media company.
• Photographer: If you are a free-bee and want others to see this world from your eyes, then you can work as a photographer. There are numerous photography vacancies in newspapers, digital media, wedding-planning companies, and broadcast media. You can take any of these roles and touch new heights in very short time.
• Videographer: From videos to news channels every company needs good videographers. If you have got good video making and editing skills, then there is no stop for you in this world.
• Radio Jockey: Can you make anyone smile within 10 seconds? Are you witty, intelligent, creative and good with jokes? If yes, then become a radio jockey. It is one of those fields, in which start up can be difficult, but once you are in, then sky is the limit for you.
• Blogger/ Social Media Expert: If internet, social media, writing and blogging excite you, then get ready to roar in the world. All the social media companies, websites, news channels, magazines, newspapers, communication agencies and other companies that want to have social media presence, need bloggers and social media experts. If you are good in what you do, then there are limitless opportunities for you.
So these are some of the major opportunities that you can look forward to exploring after finishing your mass communication course.